Whether you’re in search for the best ISP provider or you just want to know the top Internet Service Providers in 2018 in the Philippines, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll discuss in this article the advantages and disadvantages of all the Internet Service Providers in the country.
Perhaps the most common and well-established Internet Service provider in the country is none other than PLDT (Philippine Long Distance Telephone company). Backed by its wide strong industry presence, you’re sure to get reliable and fast internet service. There are three main options to choose from — Fiber, DSL, or LTE. Here are the available plans:
|Plan 1299||3 Mbps|
|Plan 1699||5 Mbps|
|Plan 2899||10 Mbps|
|Plan 3499||15 Mbps|
|Plan 1299||3 Mbps|
|Plan 1699||5 Mbps|
|Plan 1899||20 Mbps|
|Plan 2899||100 Mbps|
|Plan 699||3 Mbps||30 GB|
|Plan 1299||10 Mbps||50 GB|
|Plan 1699||15 Mbps||100 GB|
- PLDT offers the most-affordable plan among other competitors.
- Established business presence.
- Customer Support*
- Wide service locations. (Available almost everywhere, except for Fiber internet)
- Some subscribers complain about PLDT’s lack of action when it comes to fixing their issues.
- Landline connection is a must if you’re applying for DSL.
Visit PLDT’s website here if you want to know more about their promos, requirements, and other products & services: PLDT WEBSITE
Our next contender is Sky Broadband — originally a cable TV company and eventually ventured into providing internet services through its alter-brand Sky Broadband. The company offers different internet plans that come with bundles such as Internet + Cable TV + Video-on-demand. Nevertheless, here are Sky Broadband’s internet plans:
Sky Broadband – Unlimited Data Plans
Sky Broadband – Metered Data (Monthly) Plans
- Fast internet connection through its fiber optic network.
- Competitively priced products and plans.
- Good customer service.
- SkyBroadband offers internet trial.
- Limited service locations.
- Depending on your location, the initial cash-out might vary.
- If you’re not in the market for cable TV service, the bundled plan may come as a nuisance.
Like the other competitors, Sky also offers Fiber Optic internet connection service — slightly pricey compared to PLDT’s. If you want to know more about Sky Broadband’s other products and services, you may visit their website here: Sky Broadband Website.
Our next top Internet Service Provider is Converge ICT — which is relatively a new player in the industry. It boasts it’s affordable Fiber Optic internet service with speeds up to 100 Mbps. Gone are the days where you would wait hours or even days just to download that large file. Converge also offers Cable TV service that is bundled with its “FTTX” fiber internet for as low as P2,500 per month. Here are the available plans and packages for its Fiber Optic Internet service:
- Affordable but fast internet service connection (especially for heavy-downloaders).
- No monthly data cap.
- Fast streaming on video websites such as Netflix, YouTube, iFlix, and more.
- Limited coverage areas. Currently available in some locations within Metro Manila, Tarlac, Bataan, Pampanga, and Bulacan.
- New player means not all processes are ironed-out. But if this isn’t your concern, then you are good to go with Converge.
If you want to know if Converge is available in your area, you may visit their website here: Converge ICT Website.
If you’re looking for a flexible Internet Service Provider in terms of customizing your internet service, then Globe at Home Broadband is the best for you. Not only you’ll get fast internet speeds but you’ll also have the option to get add-ons such as Netflix, Disney Life, Fox+, and HOOQ, as well as streaming gadgets such as Chromecast 2 and Roku.
To know more information about Globe Broadband, you may visit their website here: Globe Broadband.
- You have the flexibility to either go Unlimited or Metered Data.
- At Php 2,899, Globe Broadband offers the cheapest 100 Mbps internet speed.
- For a slightly different payment scheme, you will have the option to choose no lock-up period. This way, you can discontinue the service anytime.
- Unlimited Calls to Globe and TM subscribers using the provided landline.
- Limited serviceable locations.
- For the LTE connection, the service of your internet will depend on service coverage. You need to make sure that LTE signal is strong in your area.
- Limited speed options. Unlike other competitors, there are only several speed options available from Globe Broadband.