Applying for your first credit card may be a little confusing at first, but trust me, it’s easier than you have initially thought. Here are 5 easy steps on how you can apply for a BDO credit card.
Once you get approved, you can take advantage of all the features and perks of becoming a BDO credit card holder. Some of its best features are the EasyPay Installment Programs, low interest rate (as low as 2.5%), and the many promos, deals, and freebies.
1. Choose The Perfect Type Of Card For Your Needs
There are plenty of options when it comes to the type of credit card with BDO. In fact, there are at least 20 types that you can choose from, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you can apply for all of them as it depends on your annual income, shopping habits, and other preferences. However, the cards can be divided into 3 main categories — basic, premium, and elite. On top of that, you can also choose the brand of credit card you want to apply for, which include Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, and UnionPay. Choose your option wisely as you might pay for unnecessary features of the type of your BDO Credit Card. (The more features, the higher the annual fee will be).
2. Know The Basic Requirements When Applying For BDO Credit Card
Before you even consider applying for one, ask yourself if you really need a credit card. But then again, it’s all about proper management and self-restraint. Once you’ve made up your mind, here are the basic requirements when applying for a BDO credit card:
- Make sure that you’re at least 21 years old.
- You’re a Filipino citizen.
- There’s a BDO branch near your area.
- If you’re employed, your gross annual salary should be at least Php 120,000
- Self-employed (business should be at least 2 years), and gross annual income of at least Php 400,000.
- You should have a landline at either your residence or at place of work.
- Should have at least one mobile phone number.
3. Make Sure You Have All Necessary Documents
If you think you passed all the basic requirements above, the next step is to make sure you have gathered all the necessary paperwork when applying for a BDO credit card.
Required Documents for BDO Credit Card application:
- Download and fill-out the application form from BDO website. You can download the form from this page.
- Valid photo ID (at least one) such as Driver’s License, Passport, SSS ID, and company ID. Here’s the complete list of valid IDs fro BDO.
For Regular Employess:
- Latest income tax return (ITR) with BIR stamp.
- BIR Form 2316 that is signed by your employer’s authorized representative.
- Certificate Of Employment from your company.
- Latest one month payslip.
- Latest ITR with BIR stamp.
- Business Registration
- DTI for sole proprietor
- SEC for partnership or corporation
Once you have all these documents ready, you may now start with the application process.
4. Submit Your Application
You can either submit your BDO credit card application online or by proceeding to your preferred BDO branch. Once you have submitted your application, it is now the waiting game. The bank will give you a call for updates and if there are additional requirements needed.
5. Finally, Check Your Application Status Online
Now that you have submitted all the requirements and you wanted to know if you got either approved or denied of a BDO credit card (I hope not), you can easily check the status of your application on the BDO website. Make sure that you have either your TIN or SSS number handy.
So that’s all the 5 easy steps you need to complete when applying for a BDO credit card. Do you already have a credit card? Please share your thoughts and experience on the comments section below.